International and regional student assessments:
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) is an international assessment of the mathematics and science knowledge of 4th and 8th grader students around the world.
- Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (PIRLS) is an international study of reading achievement in fourth graders.
- Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) is a worldwide study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in member and non-member nations of 15-year-old school pupils' scholastic performance on mathematics, science, and reading.
- Southern and Eastern African Consortium for Monitoring Educational Quality (SACMEQ) is a consortium of African education ministries, policy‐makers and researchers. To date, it has conducted three nationally representative school surveys in participating countries. These surveys collect extensive background information on the schooling and home environments of students, and in addition, test students and teachers in both numeracy and literacy.
- The Latin American Laboratory for Assessment of the Quality of Education (LLECE) is the network of quality assessment systems for education in Latin America. It is coordinated by UNESCO’s Regional Bureau for Education in Latin America and the Caribbean. It assesses learning performance in the third and sixth grades in mathematics, reading and writing, including natural sciences for the sixth grade.